Friday, September 17, 2010

Signs


There are signs all around us. Whether or not someone or something chooses to send them to us is another story. I think what's more important is whether or not we choose to see the signs.

So the signs I'm noticing are...

I've been battling a sinus infection. Last night I was so wiped out by it I actually only met my Play Therapy class for 30 minutes and sent them home. I RARELY do that. I just had no energy left. So here's a sign I am doing too much and need to slow down and rest.

My computer is still not fixed. I'm the one who broke it when I tried to go online and figure out why the printer wasn't scanning. I suppose this is a sign that either a) I am spending too much time on the computer or b) I need to ask for help when it comes to certain things. I am really missing having access to my pictures.

This isn't a sign but it could become one. My hubby and I have a very crazy work schedule where each of us go 31 hours without seeing the other one or the kids. This is something we have chosen so we don't have to put the kids in day care or pay for childcare. What this also means is during the school week (M-Th) we only have 2 evenings where we are all together for dinner. If other activities get in the way it takes its toll with someone inevitably getting irritable or whiny. This is a sign that it's time to slow down and reconnect. One of the best ways to do this is through some form of play.

Are there signs you need to pay attention to?

By the way, did you notice the symbolism of the fire truck behind the signs in the picture?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do so appreciate each and every comment. Thanks!