Monday, October 18, 2010

Reflections on a Play Therapy Conference--Part 2



my favorites--love the guy kickin' back
and the 2 mother/baby nuturing figures
Here is why attending the Association for Play Therapy annual conference is like Christmas for me as I mentioned in my last post. I come home with new sandtray figures from exhibitors such as Kentucky's own Toys of the Trade as seen above.

Then there's new books from the fabulous Dee Dee of the Self Esteem Shop

and this fun new instrument made in Peru.

And because play therapy is so creative I often get to make things like...

puzzle piece where the prompt was to
make something important to you
(I was missing my kids when I made this.)

a healing pouch

and a

derby hat (We were in Louisville after all!)


I received this little affirmation in one of my workshops.

Since returning from the conference I've been decompressing through a trip to the park with two of my favorite people and playtime in the fall leaves.

Meredith Rose
Miles Nelson

Meredith with neighborhood friend


BEAUTIFUL!

One more thing. I gave Miles a magnet of a feelings chart I got at the conference. He immediately taped it up in his room beneath his calendar he made. Notice the feeling he marked. How cute is that?!



HAPPY



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do so appreciate each and every comment. Thanks!