Saturday, September 10, 2011

A List of Children's Books with the Theme of Creativity

The following is a list of some of my favorite children's picture books that involve the topic of creativity.  I love, love, love them!  I shall be reading and rereading them until I am an old lady who will listen to my great-grandchildren read them to me.


The Dot and Ish by Peter Reynolds

Art by Patrick McDonnell

Not a Box by Antoinette Portis

Beautiful Oops! by Barney Saltzberg

Willow by Denise Brennan-Nelson

and the classics:

The Art Lesson by Tomie dePaola

Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson

Incidentally, I'm not the only adult who is fond of children's books.  Gretchen Rubin, the author of The Happiness Project and blog by the same name, also is a lover of "kidlit" as she calls it.  Here's a post with her suggested list.

If I've had a bad day, I can pull out just about any of the many, many children's picture books in my household, some as recent as my own kids' childhood and others as far back as mine, and read and smile.  And feel all warm and cozy inside, or as Gretchen would say, "happy."

Do you have a favorite children's book that makes you all happy inside?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do so appreciate each and every comment. Thanks!