Monday, March 14, 2011

Children Crossing and Jellyfish


Children crossing...

Watch for us.  Do not overlook us.  We need your attention.
Adults can be seem too busy for us, all rushing on your way.

We're off to learn and grow and play.
We don't like being rushed around from place to place.
And given no choice.
We'd rather stay where we are.  We like to live in the moment.
Won't you join us?
You just might learn something if you'd stop and stay awhile.



The little poem above was inspired by the yellow flag I purchased from Toys of the Trade as well as these sandtray items to the left.  A few were in goodie bags that each attendee received at the Kentucky Association for Play Therapy annual conference.  Even adults can like goodie bags!  The fire colored "stones" have been calling to me.  Miles saw them right away and wanted to keep them.  Of course, I let him play with them, but they'll soon join the rest of my sandtray toys in my office.


The toy on the far left is a jelly fish.  Such beautiful creatures but beware of their sting, the way they protect themselves.  I went searching for pics of jellyfish and found these two.  The one on the left was taken on the Texas coast at Rockport Beach in June 2009 and the blue one is of Meredith from Oct. 2009 when we visited the Georgia Aquarium when I took them with me to Atlanta for the international Association for Play Therapy conference.  It's as if the jellyfish are floating along without a care in the world.  Kinda like young children can be when they become enveloped in their play.



2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed the poem and crossing flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to go to the georgia aquarium, it looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete

I do so appreciate each and every comment. Thanks!