Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Passion


Passion is the theme of the month at Creative Every Day, so I decided to play around with the color RED using various shades of red acrylic paint in my art journal and the result is what you see above.  Honestly, I am not liking it, but I did find the process of painting to be very relaxing.  I am very much wishing I had a space where I could keep out my art supplies all the time.  It seems like such a chore to get everything out and later put it all away.  But I digress.

I'm also finding that it's hard to focus on passion when everyone where I live is very much sick of the snow.  Most of the school districts around here have missed a lot of school; thankfully, my children haven't.  Meanwhile, so much in the news is depressing.  Yet, isn't it always like that?

So right now.  In this moment.  I will focus on PASSION.  Sure with Valentine's Day coming up the word has sexual connotations.  I'm choosing to view passion in a different way.


P A S S I O N

Energy.
Drive.
What makes me smile.
What makes me happy.
What makes me feel alive.
What we are passionate about is what gives our lives meaning.
Passion is what keeps me moving forward when sometimes I'd rather just play turtle and crawl into my shell and go to sleep.
Are you living a life of passion?

I am passionate about children, PLAY, books, inspiring others, art, and play therapy.

What are you passionate about?



P.S.  As I wrote this, I got a text that said I won this.  Kathy Davis is someone whose art I truly love.

1 comment:

I do so appreciate each and every comment. Thanks!