Saturday, February 12, 2011

Music, Play and Passion

Check out this video of 3-year-old Jonathan conducting to the 4th movement of Beethoven's 5th symphony.  He really does FEEL THE MUSIC as Jamie Ridler stated in this post where I first saw this video.  Man, does this kid get into it!  Such passion in his play.  (See I'm continuing with this passion theme.)



And here he is in a much shorter video practicing his violin.  My favorite part comes at the end when you can see what must be his little sister "playing" right along with him.



Of course this child has natural, possibly genetic, talent and we all can predict his future vocation will involve music some day.  And it reminds me what Dr. Stuart Brown says in his book, Play, that we are probably happiest in our work as adults if our career involves some form of what we used to play as a child.

And for me, I'm checking out some live music with some friends this weekend.  Can't remember the last time I did that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do so appreciate each and every comment. Thanks!